In this post, we are going to do a quick comparison between WordPress, Joomla and Drupal to find out which one is the best.
1: Ease of Use
- WordPress: WordPress is probably the easiest CMS based on PHP which allows a new user to start WordPress content in a couple of minutes. It offers a better experience to users as compared to Joomla and Drupal. The user can easily manage posts, pages or customise themes and appearance.
- Joomla: Joomla installation may not seem as fast as WordPress but has quite similar steps. Once installed, the user is directed towards a control panel which is not as simple as WordPress. It has so many menus and customisation options. Joomla is powerful but can be disadvantageous for beginners.
- Drupal: The installation of Drupal is similar to Joomla and WordPress. But the post-installation procedure can be a bit complex for beginners. Users may find it difficult to change the appearance and adding other components.
2: Themes & Add-ons
- WordPress: WordPress features pre-installed default themes so users can easily modify the website’s appearance easily. Besides free themes, users can also find premium themes created by third-party developers. There are thousands of free plugins available in WordPress.
- Joomla: Joomla also carries extensions and templates like WordPress but they are less in quantity. Users may face difficulty in choosing the perfect template and extensions.
- Drupal: Users can do anything and add new updates consistently with Drupal. But, the quantity of templates and modules is less as compared to WordPress.
- WordPress: WordPress is developed on a secure code and it answers to security issues very fast. It comes with auto-mechanism which enables users to update the new security patch automatically.
- Joomla: When it comes to security, Joomla is similar to WordPress. Users can improve the security of the site by following the same process as WordPress.
- Drupal: Drupal publishes security weaknesses on their own website when there is a new security patch. It takes security very serious but isn’t popular as Joomla or WordPress.